From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:30:19 -0700
Thanks, Sukie, for all of the information about dealing with disasters.
I still wonder about the advisability of living in flood planes and
low lying areas near water. We lie like ferrets with lessons learned
from them. Our underground home at the top of a 200 ft bluff is not
going to flood out and stays warm with a half day of wood stove heat
even in subfreezing temps. Lots of secondary solar in winter. Of course
we stay cool in summer. We may lose some water pipes if there is a
major earthquake in Yellowstone but we are not going to fall over or
get blown away. Food storage is another issue. I can't imagine ferrets
gardening on the roof or canning produce for storage in the garage.
But no TV? Ferrets will entertain.

Bobbi McC