From:
Tamara Stanton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 06:02:36 -0700
Greetings FML!

All has been calm since our Allegra incident a few weeks ago.  And we are
touch-up painting our place in time for the holidays (already) so we're
taking care of all of the charcoal remnants on my bathroom walls!

We have an interesting situation with two of our guys, Jack and Moonshine
{Faith, don't get upset when you read this...we are working on it! :-)}.
We gave baths a week ago and noticed Moonshine's scruff was *badly* marked
up with bite and scratch marks that could only come from her cagemate,
Jack.  It doesn't seem to bother her too much, but last night we were doing
ears, teeth, and nails and Moonshine was fighting worse than usual.  Her
scruff was almost bleeding it was so raw!  We felt horrible!!  So we put a
little more neosporin on it...in the meantime, we can't do her ears, teeth,
or nails because she doesn't fall for the ferretone on the tummy thing like
most (typical).

We tried putting her in a separate cage last night and were going to keep
the two of them isolated from each other for about a week till she healed.
But she went nuts and started biting and clawing at the cage!  We put her
back in with Jack and she curled right up.

Any advice on how do heal a roughed-up scruff?  We don't want to keep using
neosporin because we don't want Jack to start licking it, and I can't
imagine that it's good for their little digestive systems.  We also don't
want to use bitter apple on her scruff because it stings (we had this
problem when we originally brought Jack home and tried bitter apple first).

Cheers-
Tamara, Jeff, and the 4 Mustiledteers (Ginger,
Moonshine, Penny, and Jack)