From:
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 23:50:05 -0400
Harley took a turn for the worse tonight.  his eye has swelled very
large and he's not able to breathe really well.  He's got an emergency
appointment at the University of Guelph tomorrow (Thursday) morning.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  Obviously the fat graft
hasn't worked for him.  He's been doing really good lately and i'm hoping
he still wants to fight this bacterial infection.  The swelling and
breathing problems just started a few hours ago.

Harley doesn't belong to us at the FAS, i feel he belongs to all of us.
The entire ferret community has prayed for him and wished him well for
many, many years throughout his long ordeal and i'm hoping you'll all
continue prayers for our "Bug" again.

Harley has truly been an inspiration to me and helped me to keep going
even when i didn't think i had the strength.  I've received so many
letters about him over the years from the ferret community telling me how
they find him to be inspiring too.  He's been through so much in his short
life, yet continues to fight, play and entertain us with his funny antics.

I need to say a special thank you to Jen.  Two if the nineteen ferrets we
took in this week (yup, we got 2 more yesterday) are in heat and also need
vet care tomorrow.  She's taking the time to pick them up from the shelter
and take them to High Park for spay while i'm in Guelph with Harley.

Please keep our Harley in your thoughts and pray he's able to conquer this
yet once again.  For those of you who don't know Harley, here's his story
http://www.ferretaid.org/harley.html

Hugzzzzzzzz

Randy Melanie Belair
President