From:
Diane at South Shore Ferret Care <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:20:38 +0000
Wow, we too had a fun filled evening last night.

Of course we could not wait until the 25th to open things and as soon
as the ferrets saw the boxes they knew that there were goodies, treats,
comfy things and especially crinkley shipping paper. To say the least
we are overwhelmed with the extend that the santas have gone to this
year. We received things from Alaska, Michigan, California,
Massachusetts, Connecticut and other distant lands.

I swear we were more excited than the ferrets! Within minutes we
reoutfitted the hospice ferrets cages, opened up packages of treats and
squirted ferretone on top of the soup (we were literally on our last
drop!). After soup we smiled and sighed seeing fuzzy sleeping lumps in
their new bedding (thanks Auntie Rose and also Cindy in Alaska). For
the first time in weeks we will actually be able to go to the bank and
make a deposit (wonderful people simply sent donations and said use it
for what you need the most). April called me to let me know that a
wonderful person (Meryl) gave us a large credit to our Totally Ferret
account. It's such a relief to not have to worry if we'll have enough
food for the foreseeable future.

Since each ferret is not only glad to be safe and sound at the
shelters, they think nothing of sharing with the other shelter ferrets
and the ferrets in the foster home. It was so nice to be able to give
the best foster mom some really nice things. We always are thinking of
and thanking the shelter moms and dads, and let's not forget the foster
moms and dads who always get more than they bargained for and devote
selfless hours to help the shelter, the ferrets and the shelter moms
and dads keep our wits about us and our sanity!

Of course we will be sending thank you cards to all of the wonderful
benefactors who included addresses and emails, but we also wanted to
thank everyone here who not only helps during the holidays, but
everytime there is a raffle, a special ferret in need, a huge rescue
all year long.

Merry Christmas to everyone and those at the Bridge, Prayers to all the
ones with the new illness as well as the ones with the illnesses we
manage each day.

Bless us all,
Diane Wall
South Shore Ferret Care