From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 1994 10:06:01 -0500
To Chris, Snoopy and Rusty:

Yes, ferrets come in a couple different basic body types.  The compact,
sturdy "boxy" type you describe, and the more wiry "greyhound" type are
the two I'm familiar with.

As far as Georgia is concerned (and I actually just had this confirmed
last night, talking to Jan Lovell of the Georgia Domestic Ferret
Association) -- it is legal to own a ferret in Georgia, but illegal to
sell one.  Apparently this may change soon, and Georgia pet stores may be
able to sell ferrets soon.  As Jan said to me, this is a good news/bad new
situation.  On the one hand, a bureaucratic obstacle will be removed, but
on the other, more folks will get ferrets on impulse, knowing nothing
about them, with the potential of increasing the number of ferrets given
up to shelters.

Katie
Small Mammals Section Leader/CompuServe
Pets Forum Internet: [log in to unmask]  CIS: 71257,3153