From:
Lisaferets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:48:06 EDT
Randy wrote:
>My questions 2 U R do other shelters cover costs incurred to ferrets that
>were adopted through them with ECE?  And, is it morally wrong for me to
>not pay $145 for a neuter elsewhere from where the certificate states?

Randy

This is a very tough situation to be in.  I always caution people that
exposing their ferrets to other ferrets can cause illness and spread of
disease -- compare it to sending children to daycare.  The more exposures
that you have, the more likely the chance of illness/disease.  If you did
not know that you had been exposed to ECE, its hard for me to agree to being
totally responsible for the vet bills.  Honestly, I would pay part of the
sick ferrets bill.  A better situation would be to have the ferret treated
at the same vet that you use, and transfer some of the balance to your
account.

The easier question to answer (IMO) is about the spay/neuter.  That is a
certificate only good at your vet -- if they choose not to use your vet,
they don't get the special price.  I know that a number of breeders use this
method when they sell their kits -- and it seems very straightforward -- you
want the cheaper cost, you use Vet #1 and the certificate; if not, you pay
what Vet#2 would charge.

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"