From:
RBOSSART <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 20:07:07 -0500
Matt Ouimette,

We don't blame you for getting upset.  You should have seen me!!!  I'd
been hearing rumors of these (yes, there are more than one) bulletins put
out by the Dept of Public Health Services, but this is the first time
I've been able to get one.  Some of the vets here are refusing to treat
ferrets unless the owner signs an agreement to have the animal euthanised
immediately should it bite the vet or assistants. They refer to this
bulletin as their source.  AND, all vets are required to have had their
rabies inoculations updated regularly so they won't contract it.

We're organizing again, up here.  We have several ferret owners in the
State House and Senate who have agreed to help.  We are trying to contact
ferret owners all over the state and have just begun to form a New
Hampshire Ferret Owners Coalition.  We have been in touch with most of
the national ferret oragnizations and have received great help from
everyone.  Still looking for several details but at least have the leads
on them.

We'll keep everyone posted, but I don't expect much to happen for several
weeks yet while we marshal our forces.

Katie Fritz,
Thanks for the addresses.  I was suprised by some of them.  I thought we
had hit up everyone for info ;>}

Please feel free to post on CompuServe.  We need to reach as many people
as possible as quickly as possible.  Thanks.