Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:33:29 EST
Well this week has been very interesting for us...it all started on
Saturday with a special-delivery envelope.....In this large envelope was
a letter, some flyers and an envelope.  The envelope said to read the
letter first and so I did....

As I read the letter, my eyes filled with tears.  I couldn't believe what
I was reading...or what these folks had done.  Janet and Randy - My new
heroes.

Janet and her husband Randy decided to do a raffle at the NHRA races in
February.  What I didn't know was that they decided to make Ferret Haven
"By-the-Sea" one of the benefactors of this raffle.  Noah's Ark, a local
dog/cat shelter was the other.  Reading the letter, I could see the
extraordinary effort these two people put into making the raffle a huge
success...and so it was.

In the envelope was a check made out to the Ferret Haven for $1,100.00.

Janet, Randy - you have no idea how many ferrets this donation will save.
How many will get the care that they need, the food, the supplies...I'm
truly blessed to have people like you thinking about us.  How else do I
say it?

Thank you. ;')

Then on Sunday a very nice article about our shelter appeared in the local
newspaper.  I will try to scan it and have it up on our web site...we are
still experiencing technical difficulties due to our new servers/OS
hosting the domain.

Monday we receive a phone call from an Elementary school that would like
me to do a talk for their 3rd grade class about ferrets and proper
care.... I will be at Cook Elementary School on March 20,2002 for a 1.5
hour talk...I am meeting with the teacher that is coordinating this on
Saturday....

Tuesday I picked up four more ferrets from the Norfolk SPCA....all healthy
and should be ready for adoption in about 4 weeks... its a damn shame
about their circumstances - they were found in an empty moving van.  All
between 2 and 3 years old a sable male, silver male, albino male and panda
female....

I can't wait to see what Wednesday will bring!  Who said sheltering was
dull?! <g>

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
www.ferrethaven.org