From:
Carol Voivedich Rager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:36:38 -0500
Samson came to my home the weekend after Thanksgiving 2004 with two
females that are 7 years old.  I was told Samson was between 3-4 years
old.  Long story short!  At that time I had 16 ferrets already in my
home, one has since passed over to the bridge on May 1st my Marley Bug.
I tried to introduce Samson to the other ferret's one group at a time.
I think the second group that rejected Samson really traumatized him
because he became very sick.  For several weeks he would not eat on his
own.  I kept him secluded and hand fed him until I could return him to a
small group of ferrets that did finally except the two girls he had been
with in the past.

In the past eight months Samson has seen my vet 7 times including today.
The problem is he cannot hold down food.  We have tried Metoclopramide,
with Amoxil, and pepto twice with each cycle lasting 7 days.  I have
tried different foods and nothing works.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for me?  It is Saturday night and I plan to call the vet
first thing in the morning to ask him to please consult whomever he can
so we can try something new Monday morning.  Samson is down to 1.5 lbs
and is starving to death.  He wants to eat so badly and does eat, but it
comes right back up.  Only the first few days being on meds can he hold
down food for any length of time.

Please email me ASAP with any suggestion.  I will follow up on the FML
after Monday.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Carol and her very hungry Samson