From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:12:07 -0700
I just finished reading all the responses to Mystical re: FGRH.  And all
I can say is OUCH!  You FML'rs are a savage and hostile bunch!  I admire
the fact that you protect your own - but give Mystical a break and put
yourself in her shoes.

She WANTS a ferret and she wants it now.  I can understand her frustration
of making the phone calls, arranging time off from work and driving (I
think she wrote) 3 hours one way.  That proves she probably is a good
ferret guardian.

I think shelters need to remember that adopters are their friends and you
need them as much as they need you.  For instance, the shelter that I know
(Bend, OR) will always make time (anytime) for a potential adopter.  You
can come at midnight if your schedule dictates it - but you might have to
follow K around while she administers meds and cleans cages.  But she will
also allow you to sit in the middle of a play room with all the ferts so
you can get acquainted.

In my opinion, shelters should be ran like any other business - you have
to make time for your customers - even if it's by appointment.  Mystical
could just say forget it, go down to her local Petco and purchase a kit
and be happy as a clam - but instead she is asking "What's going on
here??  Did I miss something?  Why is this shelter being so evasive and
non-committal?"  All she wants is to adopt a *baby* - and you guys
completely ripped her apart and questioned her character.  Be kind to
each other earthlings - pretty soon it may be all we have - seeing as
were killing all the animals around us.

TjG