From:
"Donna L. Carlsen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:50:11 EST
Hello everyone, I tried to post a few days ago but my message was too long,
so here goes again.  Of course, it is an update to the previous, unposted
message.  I had the unpleasurable duty of helping our little marked white
female "celebrity" ferret cross the Rainbow Bridge last night.  We pondered
over it for a few days, as she was going downhill very quickly.  She
suffered from Insulinoma, and had surgery in April.

Anyone who had the pleasure of meeting Jewels, or seeing her on television
knew that she was very special.  She fought a long, hard fight.  I would
like to thank her doctor, Mary Jane Davis, for her generosity, her love and
devotion to animals, namely ferrets.  If it weren't for Jewels, we would
never have met.

I would also like to thank everyone who supported Jewels, or Fruitcake as
we call her (Jewels; Juicy; Juicy-Fruit; Frootie-Patootie; Fruitcake), both
emotionally and financially.

She will be featured in our next Sponsorship Newsletter.  Anyone interested
in receiving a copy, please contact the shelter at the addresses below.  I
will miss Fruitcake so tremendously.  This was my first case of insulinoma,
and my very first euthanasia.  I have been physically sick all day today,
and wonder how I will ever make it without my Fruity.

Donna L. Carlsen
Angel Ferret Shelter, Inc.
1448 Daybreak Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89108