From:
Mickey Rene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 15:50:01 EDT
I have two ferrets-one is very skinny, about 1 year old, and the other is
very fat, about 7 months old.  In fact, the fat one is so big that I had
the vet check her because of her weight, but she tested negative for
diabetes, and the vet figured it was just her metabolism.  Both ferrets eat
Kaytee Rainbow Diet, and are given ferret-vite and 3 Kaytee treats a day.
My question is this: should I be worried about the skinny ferret?  She
seems to eat okay, but definitely not as much as her buddy.  When people
come over to my house, they often comment on the extreme difference in
their weights.  My next question is if anyone has any suggestions to bring
the thin one's weight up-I just started letting her have some Iams Kitten
Food to try to bring up her weight, but their is no difference so far.  I
would appreciate any responses on the subject!