From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:23:08 -0800
With all the heartbreak of losing our fuzzies and all the medical
problems we endured this year, we (Mom and I) have decided to do
Christmas mornig a little different this year.  First of all, we will
go out and do the necessary chores, then we will have breakfast.  After
that, instead of opening presents, we want to talk about all the ferrets
who have touched our hearts this year.  We want to talk about all that
we did to help and how we can do more in 2006.  We also want to take
time to give thanks to everyone who shared their lives with us (posts in
the FML, emails, etc.)

Then we will pray for the health and well-being of all ferrets and
animals and ask that people become more aware of the needs and the
feelings of ferrets.  We will pray for medical advancement for ferrets.
And we will give specials prayers for all the shelter Moms and Dads who
give so much of themselves every single day.  Prayers to all of those
who have shared so much information on ferret health, on ferret care,
and heart-touching stories that make us laugh or cry (or both).

Prayers to people like Big who allow us to come together and share so
much, Suki with her unending knowledge (and she isn't even a Vet!  I
vote we make her an honorary Vet--all in favor...)  Then there is SOS,
and all those who helped all year.  There are too many to name, but you
know who you are and WE know who you are!  We thank you and we love you!

The ferret community is a little bit of Heaven here on Earth and I send
thanks and prayers to each and every one of you, you are all so special
and so dear.  May the New Year have wonderful surprises around each
corner for us all.

Peace to all,
Deva