From:
MISS BETHANY R TOWNS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 01:43:57 EST

Dear Juliana,
My name is Bethany.  I am very sorry about the loss of your ferret.  I don't
know if I will be able to help you or not but I thought I would write to you
because I had something like that happen to me.  I had two ferrets, Sorcha
Delany was two years old and Connor Mackenzi was six months when Connor
died.  I was so upset!!  Connor had not shown any signs of being sick or ill
and her body looked healthy.  Shortly after Connor's death Sorcha stopped
eating and the only thing that tipped me off was her actions.  I panicked
and took her to the vet.  They ran every kind of test and it cost me $190.00
to only have to force feed her myself.  I feed her ENSURE PLUS it is a food
supplement that I got over the counter at Shopko pharmacy.  I started
feeding her about 5 ml of ensure every four hours for about two weeks.  Then
I went down to about every two hours for a week.  And she was then eating on
her own again.  I had no problem feeding her the ensure, she loved it!  She
also had some medication from the vet also so if you are going to try this
and Charity does not show improvement in a week you may want to take her in-
just don't get x-rays they cost too much and you already know what the
problem is.  After Sorcha was feeling better I did get another ferret and
she has taken to it well.  I am not sure if you will want to do the same or
not but if I can be of any more help let me know.  Also write me back when
Charity is feeling better.  I know how scary it is having a sick pet.

KGCZ51B@prodigy