From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:06:22 -0700
Dear Meri,

First and foremost, thank you for caring enough about the Hagerstown
Rescue to drive all the way from New Jersey, REPEATEDLY to help.

There were literally dozens of requests to adopt Ooops!  But all should
have known, that Blaze ferrets are special in that 95% of them are deaf,
and to perpetuate the breeding of blazes is a statement by the breeder
that they care nothing about the ferret itself...just it's exotic
marketability.  Diana Bachman, we know, cared nothing about these kids,
but ribbons and sales.

The Hagerstown kids are unique unto themselves as a rescue.  They were
breeders kept in total darkness, and only good to their owner if they
perpetuated kits, or on sheer beauty brought ribbons in Specialty Classes
in shows.  Of all the horrible pictures we have in the photo essay of
this rescue, the one pic that brings me most forward in my anger is the
one of Diana Bachman's ribbons stuffed into a cob webbed carrier.

Meri, Oooops was a major challenge in placing in the right home.  We
had a ferret, we knew to be deaf, we knew to have never been touched or
socialized with other ferrets or HUMANS.  You chose her, we chose you as
her home.

I knew about your precious Sugar and it blew my mind that Ooops came
into your home and loved Sugar.  Sugar never had a friend until she
had Oooops.  We knew Sugars time was soon.  I find incredible personal
satisfaction that Oooops came to your home and cradled and loved Sugar
right before she passed.  My content is that, man nor beast, should ever
cross without a friend that loves them.  Ooooops loved Sugar, and Sugar
loved Ooops.

Your story alone, makes the Hagerstown rescue so phenomenal in what we
are trying to do...place these kids in the right homes.

Thank you for all you have sacrificed to come to Rocky's and work this
continuing rescue/restoration of tortured souls and help them to find
homes.

All my love and respect,
Barb Clay
www.rockysferrets.com

HAGERSTOWN KIDS: DON'T STOP GIVING, TILL THE HURTING STOPS!!!

PAYPAY: [log in to unmask]

Snail Mail:
832C Falls Rd
Parkton, Md. 21120