From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:29:29 -0400
Re: Ferrets and Politics
>"He's [Mayor Giuliani] holding an industry hostage," Mr. Reid [of Marshall
>Farms] said.  "He wants to become a senator for us, and he's basically
>slamming the door on New York business.  I'm a Republican.  Even I would
>vote for Hillary Clinton if she would get on the bandwagon."

Mr. Giuliani is in town today trying to drum up support.  After the NYC
ruling including ferrets, I moved him into the same category as CA's Fish
and Game.  In other words, he will never have my support or vote.  I'll
tell people why too.

BTW, speaking of CA's F&G, I saw a news story in the last few weeks about
a CA F&G fiasco.  Quite a while ago I read on the FML a blurb about the
"limited intelligence" of some of the F&G and how they were going to handle
the problem of Northern Pike that had been introduced into a Californian
lake.  (It ate sport fish like trout and hence the interest in doing
something.)  They decided to poison the lake to kill the pike and all the
other fish(!).  The poison was supposed to kill all the fish and dissipate
in weeks.  Well, it took months, people who use the lake as a water source
refuse to drink the water, and lo and behold, the pike is still there.

It seems like their track record with stuff other then ferrets isn't that
good either! ;)

Re: Modern Ferret
Hahahahaha! People don't get it, do they?

While I haven't had a chance to read my issue of MF yet, I did browse the
mag when it came this past weekend and I knew that the FML would be full of
"irrate" MF readers.  It strikes me that Mary and Eric purposely created an
issue that would offend in response to all those individuals that made much
ado about nothing in regards to the Tiffany issue.  I don't know if that's
what they did, it's only my viewpoint.  But heck, if people are going to
complain, give 'em something to really complain about and have fun with it
too!  Gee, sounds sort of like something a ferret would do!! ;)

Re: FML content
It must be the heat, drought, hurricanes, floods, and more that have pretty
much covered the entire US this summer that has been making many of the FML
readers cranky.  (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!) I know it has been a rough summer
here in Upstate NY.  Heat and lack of rain has definately negatively
effected some attitudes here.

Well, take a lesson from your ferret - Shake off that crankiness and don't
dwell on the negative!  "I'm so very angr....oooh!  Look at that raisin!
Joy-Joy-Rapture-Joy!"

Thanks again to the BIG guy who keeps this the best e-forum I have ever
been a member of! :)

-kim, squirt (i don't feel very well), pippi (meep!),
 atlas (kibbles -n- bits!), jinx (love me!), and
 rosie (Rosie the Rosarian - "Are you a fert?")

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.