From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2010 04:10:31 -0400
Sunday,

Today Boggle did ok. His breathing is a little shallow, but he is not
yet pulling or struggling to breathe.I won't let him struggle. He had
ups and downs. The best "up" was when he came over to the "treat ramp"
where I pass out friskies dental diets. They ask for one by looking at
me and Boggle looked at me, Just as he's done for all the time he's
been with me, like nothing was ever wrong. Then I gave him 3 more! I
didn't even have to crunch them up for him. After that he wanted a
drink of water so I moved the bowl closer to him so that he wouldn't
have to walk as far.(Did you know that you can trick a fert to drink
water if you mix ferretone in it? He was still drinking on his own, I
just wanted him to drink some more.) I know, this is just a flash, a
good time, he won't get better. He may have a good day but I fear his
good days will be shorter and shorter, further and further apart, to
where all the good days are gone. It's then we'll go, but not yet
Bridge greeters, not yet.

To all those who have walked this same trail, I am so sorry for your
losses. There's just nothing for us to do but keep going but it's so
hard. I'm so blessed to have all of you in my life. Go right now and
hug your babies, then hug your spouse, or friend. Time is so
unpredictable and nothing else matters but how much you can give your
love. Boggle may have had a rocky life before me, He had lived in the
shelter for a while,, but if he's learned nothing else from me in his
all too short time here with me, he knows, for sure, that he is very
loved. It shows in his eyes.

Thanks for listening(well, reading)

Sue