From:
Tracy Kilmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 23:56:00 EDT
Hi everyone,
Well, as treating our poor little miss Violet hasn't been enough of a
strain on our budget (my pocket) tonight we have 7 fuzzies down with ECE.
It had to come from one of our new fuzzies taken in on the 26th and 27th.
We currently have 53 ferrets in the shelter, thank god 22 are in a separate
building then the rest!  But that leaves 26 more fuzzies who could get it!
Now treating them I can do (I am going to be very tired due to the fact
that I too have mono but, that is the life of a shelter mom)!  It is the
cost of treating them that is going to kill us!  We will not be adopting
into any homes with ferrets at this time, we will accept new ferrets still
due to the fact that we have one more area ready for ferrets that houses
none at this time and there is no risk of them catching ECE.  In order for
us to keep our doors open at this busy time of year I am once again going
to have to ask for help, both in supplies and people!  Here is what we can
use to help treat the fuzzies.  So if you have some spare Please think of
the fuzzies who you can help!

IV fluids
Agumentin
powdered infant formula, ensure, pediasure or similar product
Gerber baby rice cereal
baby beef, veal, chicken or a/d
"Dyne"
ferretvite & ferretone
liquid Infant vitamins
any ferret food or high quality kitten food
Kaopectate
6-12cc syringes

We are going to go through this stuff unlike what you would believe!  So
every small bit anyone can help will be greatly appreciated!

Violet is still doing good still has some infection in her face and shows
no sign of getting ECE.  She has been on "slop", Mazuri, TF, and Zupreem
mix and is eating tons of food!  Everyone keep her in their prayers and
hope she escape the ECE!

To find out more about Ferret Rescue Of Spokane go to:
www.geocities.com/SoHo/square/7970/rescue.html

Thank you in advance
Tracy Kilmer and the 53 fuzzies
Ferret Rescue Of Spokane
1104 E. Bridgeport
Spokane WA 99207
1-509-487-1796

PS I will try to keep everyone update as best as I can but things are
getting crazy around her right now.  Time is going to be a precious thing
to me and all of the sick fuzzies!