From:
Roberta Ensor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 17:30:17 EDT
With all the talk about the problems with Christmas Trees and ferrets
you could be describing what we went through with my son during his early
years.

We put the Christmas Tree in the closet in the family room one year and
blocked the open door off with a baby gate.  When we were out of the room,
the tree was disconnected (not just turned off) and the closet door was
shut.  Living in Alaska at the time, we anchored it to the ceiling
regardless of it being in the closet.  This was also a large walk-in closet
we used not one of those tiny clothes closets.  Another year we put the
tree in the arctic entrance and blocked that off with a baby gate.

In our situation today if need be I would do the same but put a split tube
on the top of the baby gate to keep the little guys from climbing.

Roberta
Secretary,  http://www.ferretclubofmaine.org