From:
"Sheri M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:55:07 -0600
Hi List friends,

Ok, I guess I've got a few more comments.

I also received the uce mail endorsed by IFA and Chuck Morton--at two
different accounts: this account, where I get the fml and do my web browsing
and almost ALL of my e-mail corrospondence.  I also received the message on
my AOL account, under a brand spanking new screen-name, SMferret--an account
I have used appoximately TWICE.  I sent some chapters of my novel to a
friend, and I visited AOL's ferret chat a week ago.  SMferret is harldly
used for mail, has never been used on the web, and doesn't receive the FML,
so apparently someone in Ferret Chat collected e-mail addresses.  Which kind
of ticks me off.  Now, unsolicited mail on AOL is very common, but the
message sent to this account was the FIRST unsolicited mail I have received
(aside from server notes) in almost a year of using local access.

Unfortunately, I deleted the message from both accounts--I just looked
everywhere to see if I could find it to forward to those who wanted it--and
the message is completely gone from both places.  Serves me right for using
auto-delete  :-)

BIG: I appreciate the fact that you don't hand out the list addresses for
spamming.  Thank you!  I also realize that anyone who receives this list can
easily put together a SPAM list.  If someone here is doing that--PLEASE
STOP.  It's rude and almost a form of harrassment.

Whiskers:  three of my 5 ferrets have lost their whiskers.  How did they do
this?  They ripped the panel off of my gas hot-water heater and stuck their
little faces into the pilot light.  Sometimes ferrets are so darn smart,
but OTHER TIMES . . .  (sigh)  Like the 2nd two couldn't take a hint from
the first one that this was not a GOOD IDEA.  So does anyone know how long
it takes whiskers to grow back?  One in particular burned ALL but 4 whiskers
down to curled little nubs.  He looks darn funny.  (I of course immediately
restricted access to the hot water heater because, of course, they'll just
do it again if they get the chance.)

One last inquiry: Are there any shelters in the Olympia/Lacey area of
Washington?  My boyfriend recently was contacted by his ex-wife and
step-daughter (in reference to mutual children, not ferrets) but his
step-daughter has been looking for a companion for her male ferret and
hasn't been able to find any in the area.  I'll pass word on private
adoption, too, if anyone in that area is looking for a home for a fuzzy.

Ok, that's it for now.

--Sheri

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

"Until our paths find us together
   may you forever go
     in peace."   --Mike Rayburn (comic entertainer and acoustic rock artist)