From:
Chana Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 00:29:10 EDT
When this product first came out, my feelings were mixed: "If it really
works, it's too good to be true and is probably bad for them!"  So I
bought a bottle and took it to our ferret vet, who read the ingredients
and said "it's mostly just amino acids, nothing in here that I can see
that should hurt a ferret, go ahead and try it."

Folks, this stuff WORKS.  I love my ferrets (and their smells), but ferret
poop does not smell like roses!  It hasn't changed the smell of their fur
or anything, but it certainly HAS brought their litter boxes under
control.  Remember, I live with a non-ferrety husband, so a strong odor
would mean that my fuzzguys and fuzzgals would always be treading on thin
ice with him...but no more!

One word of caution...when we first started using it, one of my ferrets
suddenly dropped a lot of weight.  Since he didn't have any to spare to
begin with, this made me worry.  Since the only thing I had changed in
their lives was adding Bi-Odor, I immediately stopped it.  After a few
days, he looked better.  So then I tried adding less, and he was fine.
I can't prove it was a Bi-Odor overdose, but that's what I suspect.  The
original label, which they have since changed, instructed you to add I
think 1-2 pumps PER FERRET to their water, so I put in 8 pumps.  Now I
add 4 pumps to 16 oz of water and have no problems (and the label now
reads "3-5 pumps," so I guess maybe we weren't the only ones to overdose).

So now the vet is happy, the ferrets are happy (well, they always were!),
my husband and kids are happy, visitors to our house are happy, and I'm
happy...and theFerretStore.com is happy, because I buy the 32 oz bottles
of the stuff :-)

PS another great product is a cleaner called "Nature's Miracle," it cleans
and deodorizes incredibly well!

Take care,
Chana