From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 16:39:43 -0500
Hello everyone,

I am resending this post because I never saw it in the FML (although it is
possible I missed it) and even if it was there, I never received any replies
and I still need help.

Dr. Sutton wrote:
"Brushing teeth with a pet enzymatic toothpaste will help.  You probably
need to do it at least twice weekly.  Most tartar and plaque starts
subgingivally(under the gumline) so a proper cleaning under anesthesia is
best."

Now I am ASSUMING he didn't mean clean my ferret's teeth under anesthesia
twice weekly, but it was somewhat unclear.  I think he meant have it done
once under anesthesia and thereafter brush them myself twice weekly.  I live
in a FFZ so I am wondering do I go to a dentist or a vet for the teeth
cleaning.  Also I am currently a struggling actress and therefore very poor -
does anyone know how expensive it is to do this procedure?

Also I have not seen any tooth scrappers in pet catelogues so I am wondering
if pet stores carry them.  If they do, since I am in CA, I assume they will
only have them for dogs and cats.  Can I use one made for a dog or a cat on
a ferret (same question for the toothpaste)?

Okay one last question.  I can barely get them to open their mouths for me
to look at their back teeth, how do I get them to let me brush them?

Thanks so much for the advice.

     Love and Dooks,

     Rebecca, M&J