From:
monica fuentes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:55:50 -0700
My sweet 3 year old little Mr.Ferret is in the States with my family and
I live in Spain (with 2 other ferts)

My sister will be visiting me on the beginning of December and I want
her to bring me my ferret (she has a ticket with a company that allows
ferrets in the cabin).

There are new requirements since october 1st.

They must have a form issued by an official veterinarian with the
information of the rabies vaccine and this certain type of microchip
(there is no quarentain for cats/dogs/ferrets).

Doing research the only company weve found that makes one of them is 24
hour pet watch but they called and they were told that those microchips
were in back order, and that they only sell them in packs of 25.  They
have also called many vet clinics (they are in a Chicago suburb) and
none have this ISO-11784 or ISO-11785 microchip.

Are there any other companies that make this chip? (and sell
individually), another option would be (if its posible) if any vet has
them and would be willing to send one/mail it to the vet clinic the
ferret is being treated at (they dont carry the chip but they said that
they would put it if we get it) of course we would pay for the microchip
and shipment.

Any help/advice/information would be really apreciated.

 :)

Monica, Bioko and Anoki in Spain waiting impatiently for Mr.Ferret to
come live with us.

[Moderator's note: Try http://www.pettravel.com/Pet_Microchip.cfm  BIG]