From:
The Bernstein Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 08:48:08 -0400
We have always taken our ferrets to the beach, but one day I thought I'd
let "Cutie" get close to the water.  Well, she jumped right in and started
swimming around, and then she stuck her head under water and started
exploring (kinda like what she does when dunking for raisins!) .  All three
of them have a blast at the beach, especially "Silver" who will tug at her
leash to be taken for a swim, and they all love digging in the wet sand!
Of course we always make sure that they have plenty of shade, and plenty of
water.

Another fun outing is at the park.  They have always liked to play in the
grass, but we recently discovered that they also like climbing trees!  What
a blast!  My 9 year old climbs a tree and they chase right after him!!  And
then of course, they love to tunnel in the dry leaves and take a nap.

I have read that generally the advice given for cutting ferret nails is to
ditract them with ferretone.  I have tried that but find it is much easier
to wait until they are napping (their dead-ferret kinda nap) and then do
the deed.  They wake up none the wiser, and you don't risk a nail bleed
since they are not wiggling around.

Dooks to all,   Tina