Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 11:01:34 -0500
Hi everyone: I am a new ferret lover.  I have had my babies for 5 months.  I
have fell helplessly in love with there 2 critters.  I have read a lot of
information and the articles here.  I just can't fill my mind with enough
knowledge.

Anyway, I have a quick question.  I have held a lot of ferrets, I can't
resist touching them in the pet store (I know this is not good due to ECE),
but I can't resist the cute little buggers.  All the ferrets I have seen
have rough coats.  I have 2 ferrets.  One has the usual ferret coat (rough
and long guard hairs and not soft).  My other baby has the most soft coat I
have ever seen.  It is softer than rabbit or mink.  I don't see the long
guard hairs either.  She is black with a white undercoat.  It is amazing how
soft she is.  I have never seen a ferret with such a soft coat.  It's ashame
she is fixed.  When I got Pukie, I noticed how soft she was compared to her
litter mates, I thought it was baby fur.  Then, I got my second one a few
weeks later.  She was from a different litter.

Is this unusual or are there other ferrets owners that own these very soft
coated ferrets?  I give both ferrets ferretone, but it makes no difference.

I just love reading the articles and letters sent here.  The funny stories
and all the information.

Good health to all,
Buffy