From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:37:33 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. Another quiet day for SaraFerret;
kits still visiting with friends. A great day to clean de cottage.
Hammies to wash and hang out. Rugs to fluff. Hey dere are a few chores
at de Bridge. So dere she was hanging out de hammies on de clothes
line-de better for dem to be nice an fresh from de fresh breeze dat was
blowing. All of a sudden, she saw Mimi, de little girl courier, fly up
and she knew it meant only one thing. Mimi said with her usual sweet
voice,

"SaraFerret, I know you are real busy with housework. But the Boss has
received a special request for you to greet a ferret who is crossing
the bridge. I think you have greeted some of his friends before. Is
there anyone you want me to get?"

She handed me de note. I quickly read it and told Mimi just where to
get the family. I dumped out de last of my scrubbing water and put away
my equipment and headed for de entrance. I was just in time to see a
light sable elderly fuzzy at de entrance. So I introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will feel no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

He said "Its nice to meet you. I am Ivan. My Papa is Scott. He said
that you knew all about him and his ferrets. How come you know so much
about him if you are here and he is there? Did you use to be one of his
ferrets? He was so very good to me and my brother. I sure do miss all
of them. But he said it was my time to travel on. So here I am. So
where are my friends at?"

I replied, "Ivan, I know about your Papa because I have greeted a
number of his fuzzies and dey told me all about how wonderful he was.
However I was never one of his group. I belonged to someone else's
group. My mommy was very good to me also, so I can imagine how much
you miss your Papa. You will meet your friends in a little while, ok?"

Then Ivan asked, "SaraFerret, I have another question. Why do you have
a wet hammie hanging from that strange growth on your shoulders?"

I looked back at my wings and sure enough, in my haste, a wet hammie
had hooked itself on one of my wings. Oh de embarrassment! Get yourself
out of this one girl. So I replied,

"Well, Ivan, to be honest, I was doing laundry and hanging up these
hammies, when the messenger came by with the note that you were
crossing and the hammie got hooked on my wing as I was trying to hurry.
And these are not growths, dese are wings. They can be detached for
such things as mud slides etc. But dey are great for flying about de
heavens. Each fuzzy dat crosses de bridge gets dere very own special
pair."

Ivan said, "But they won't look like yours, right. They will like like
my own?"

"That is correct." I replied.

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box marked Ivan.
He opened de box and took out de wings--Bright red with black tips
(perfect for a handsome light sable fuzzy). I helped him put on his
wings and adjusted his halo. Den he ran to de big vanity mirror and he
gazed at his reflection. For de first time he saw what a handsome fuzzy
he was and he turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Papa could see me
now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down de path where the first bush I saw I
ditched de wet hammie (where I could retrieve it later--after all it
wouldn't do to have all the other fuzzies to see a bridgegreeter with a
wet hammie hanging on her wing). We arrived at de Misting Pond and sat
down beside de cool clear water and with one swish Ivan saw a vision of
Papa Scott appear. He got so excited he started waving and dooking with
all of his might.

"Papa, I love you. Thank you for rescuing me. Thank you for loving me.
It is nice here. I haven't met my friends yet. But SaraFerret tells me
I will soon. I feel lots better now. I have wings now-they are really
nice and soon I will be able to fly."

Den he started to throw hugs and kisses and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

We left there and went down de road and were met by a very large group
of fuzzies. They all introduced themselves all at once. Geesh, I lost
track of all dere names. But dere was one that really stood out. Here
name was ABBA. You could tell she was de boss of de group. How could
I tell. Hmmm! When we reached de cottage, you could hear the music
a-playing and see all the food laid out. But first, SHE insisted on
Ivan dancing the dances with her--the dances of joy--now if you have
ever heard the MUSIC OF ABBA you will know what I mean. I have heard it
many times and I could see all de fuzzies were caught up in her spell
and Ivan started dancing and den dey all started to dance. Oh I was
invited to stay. But I knew once I started to dance dis hypnotic dance
I wouldn't be able to quit till I dropped, so I said my good-byes. I
knew that Ivan had found a place where he could dance his dance of joy
forever.

I caught myself singing the MUSIC of ABBA all the way back to where I
had ditched de wet hammie and back to my cottage to hang it up.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter