From:
Toni Harrelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 22:36:09 -0400
Hi, all!
For Karen, I also had a ferret that was balding.  We received her from a pet
store that found her running loose in the neighborhood.  When we took her to
the vet he said it could be from a combination of fleas and malnourishment.
Keep in mind that she was running by herself with no help for about two
months.  The vet said she was very allergic to fleas and to give her some
time.  Now,.  after 6 months she has all of it back except one small patch.
The vet also told us that the change in seasons will either speed or retard
her hair growth and I must say he was right.  I hope very much for your sake
that's all that's wrong with your little one and nothing to do with adrenal
problems....

Anne- last winter one of our females came down with what we thought was a
"cold" too.  She was lethargic and didn't eat.  How sad!  When we took her
to the vet, he felt that she had the flu!!  Well, my son had been sick and
she must have gotten it from him.  So the vet prescribed an antibiotic,
Amoxicillan, and she perked up the next day!  Here's hoping...

Thanks FML'ers for the info on the Ferret Christmas Cards.  I'm ordering
mine today!

Here's hoping you all have healthy kids!!!