From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:08:58 -0800
Hello all,
I cannot bring myself to write everything that i feel/think right now,
for fear that they may very well be true, but if you read what i w/have
written, i am sure that you will know what they are.

We got a call last night from a gentleman around 11:30 p.m., about our
lost ferret ad in the local paper.  He was out walking his dog and saw it
"laying" in the neighbors yard, between 22nd & 23rd ave on 71st street.
We rushed over, meanwhile the man had taken a towel and draped it over the
wee body.  When we arrived it was pretty dark, the ferret was VERY COLD &
WET, fur all matted down, so we thanked him, took the ferret home and
tried to revive her, and examine for color, sex, etc.  She had pale white
gums by the time she was found, extremely shallow breathing, body and head
were icy cold.  Even upon determining that she was NOT our Epimetheus,
(male), we called the on call vet, for the Clinic where my daughter works
and rushed her out there, only to lose her on the way.  We had filled
socks with rice, dried her off as much as possible, and tried our best to
get her little heart working more...it was not to be, though, and when
the doctor arrived, she had already been gone.  She is a beautiful little
sable female, young.  She was COLD, WET, AND her tummy was empty, our vet
examined her for lumps of food in her tummy, to find nothing.  It has
been nothing but cold and wet here, and finding this little girl in this
condition doesn't bode well for my Epimetheus, i am afraid to admit, IF he
is still outdoors somewheres.  I am not sure if this is a sign for me, but
i will keep looking if only i find a little lifeless shell, to bring home,
@ least my lost boy will be home, where he belongs again.  Hard to think
of much else when a part of your family is missing.  We will watch around
for a lost ferret posting, ad or lost & found listing, but as of last
night had nothing but the one we had made for Epimetheus.  IS this what
happens to those ferrets, that are bought, so cute and cuddly as babies
in the pet stores...only to find them on the outside looking in, for
shelter/food/and most of all love.  Why most of all love, because with
love all the rest is provided, for them.  For now i have named her Angel,
a little fallen comrade of Eppys right now.  If no one claims her, she
will become mine, for this is what i believe, those that come to me, were
always meant to be with me, no matter what way they come.  At least this
little prescious girl wasn't alone when she died, i only hope that a
little of the love that was shown her got through all that coldness in her
body and bones.  She had to have been outside for quite sometime, she was
stone cold all over.  Sandy, please accept Angel @ the bridge...and show
her around, and introduce this little lost girl to everyone, i am sure
that they wouldn't mind having a playmate that has no one, and above all
find Odysseus & AThena and introduce them...they are my fur angels too...

Sincerely
donna