Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:42:25 -0500
Thanks to everyone who gave me info & advice on both the TN panel and
using the des implant for adrenal disease prevention. There are a few
things I should make clear.

1. At this time Spooky has no signs of adrenal disease, unless you
consider his yellowish color a sign. He has a very thick coat, no
urination problems, weakness, etc.

2. Every vet in my area, which is an FFZ, charges $225 for the TN
panel.

3. My current vet has had the most experience with ferrets in my area
because he has lived in CA (where he said there were lots of ferrets
despite it being an FFZ) and Canada. I've been to just about every
other vet; most have seen very few ferrets because they began
practicing after the ban on ferrets was imposed. A few of them made
some very serious mistakes that cost the life of my ferrets. And since
I've been to all of them, I don't have the option of going to another
vet. In addition, my current vet is charges half the cost (except for
the TN panel) of all the other vets because he works for the Humane
Society and all others are private vets.

4. When he referred to possible side effects, he was talking about the
possibility of long-term side effects from giving hormones. There are
no long-term studies as of yet, as far as I know, since the implant
has only been used for a short time, especially in the U.S.

I am wondering if any one has had the experience of their ferret's hair
falling out AFTER putting in the implant. This happened with my Minky.
How likely is it that it's just a coincidence?

Thank you Sukie for the info on how the vet can order the TN panel
directly online. I sent him this info along with the fee schedule.

I have not yet decided what I'm going to do, but I'm not planning to
do anything before Spring.

Wishing good health to all and their furkids in this new year.

Shron
Spooky & Xena
Missing Rocky, Minky & Klondike