Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:29:09 -0600
Frostie is a 5 years old female.

On Saturday, she had diarrhea.  There was an appointment already with the
vet for Monday at 12:30.  I am thankful I had it.  She has dropped 8 ounces
in weight since she saw the vet in October.  She weighed in at 1 pound.
The vet took a blood sample and was able to get a stool sample.  The stool
sample showed a spiral bacteria.  The vet immediately gave her a shot of
antibiotics and sub-q fluids.  Frostie has lots of energy but she is only
skin, bone and muscle now.

The lab results showed she is fighting an infection.  She is anemic and
also insulinomic.  She had one adrenal gland removed last May but her coat
and weight never came back.

My dilemma is how to get some weight on her so we can get her in for
exploratory surgery.

I would appreciate any and all help I can get to put weight on her without
the use of sugar.

Margie