From:
Tony Mastropolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 22:51:12 +0200
Yesterday's FML had some results from the rabies shedding studies that the
CDC is conducted.  (Thank you STAR Ferrets for providing the information)

Since "the Skunk and raccoon rabies virus' have been completed" and the bat
shedding studies "have not been tested on domestic pets before" isn't it
safe to assume that ferrets have already undergone the same studies that
cats and dogs did in order to establish their shedding period?  If this is
true, then the shedding period should be defined for ferrets, just as it has
been defined for cats and dogs.  Unless the CDC thinks ferrets warrant a
more comprehensive shedding program than either cats or dogs, which is
doubtful (IMNSHO)

Has the CDC published the results of the skunk and raccoon studies??  If
not, is it possible to obtain a draft or interim copy of the report??
Presenting hard cold data could convince the judge that Kodo poses no risk
to society, and may allow him the out that I think he's looking for.

Hang in there Kodo, we're all going to see that you're sent home soon!!

     Tony and Nicky, Lucy, Toby, Kayla & LuLu