From:
Sam Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:57:28 +0000
Hii guys!

To all those that read and were moved enough by my poem to write such
moving notes, I wish to offer a public thank you.  The response to my post
astonished me, which it shouldn't have - knowing from experience how
wonderful and sensitive fert people are!

As I sit here now, I'm thinking of Kodo.  Thankfully still with us, which is
a relief to the soul as well as the heart.  I wrote my first ever letter to
the President (and the First Lady, and the Vice President...) through
e-mail.  Love this e-mail system!  And received their normal "I got your
note" reply.  I was slightly panicked when I sent the messages off, having
just realised that my timezones were out, and it was 3.15pm in Michigan!  I
was deperately hoping that someone or something would intervene, and was
incredibly grateful when I learned the Michigan Supreme Court had stepped
in.  One step at a time.

Several people have asked if they could send my poem off to attorneys, the
governor, the press, the animal health officials, and schools.  To everyone
who wants to use my poem for the good of Kodo, you are welcome to pass
copies on to people.  I never dreamed it would have this effect, and only
wish I had written it sooner.

For now, at the behest of a fellow FMLer, I have sent a letter to the editor
of the Bay City News, attaching the poem.  Whether it gets printed or not...
We shall see.  If it does, and helps at all, I will be VERY grateful.

To all those working hard on Kodo's release, my profound thanks.  I'm sure
that Bob and Kitty have already expressed this to you all in various ways,
but felt that you needed telling!  My part in all this has been minor, but I
too am looking forward to the day when Michigan government people can hold
their heads up high and say "We did the right thing!" We all know there is
no option.  In order for the American Constitution to be upheld to it
fullest potential, Kodo must be released.

I won't go on any further, for fear of becoming belligerant (my big word for
the day)!  Suffice it to say, I'm sure everyone knows of my opinions on this
subject, and I shall close on that note.

Once more... Thank you to everyone who wrote in regarding my poem.  It is
very uplifting to receive such mail, and to realise that something I wrote
had such an effect on people.

Go Kodo!

Sam