Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:41:21 -0500
Sorry about the second post today, but I'm a little upset.  I need some
ferret wise peoples advise please.

I almost lost Brownie today to heat.  My hubby noticed him panting and
restless in his cage about 4 p.m. today.  I put him in a tub of cool
water and soaked him down.  He was starting to posture, so I think he was
pretty close to seizing.  Scared the poo outta me!  I'm going to get a
fan tomorrow to aim towards the ferrets cage.  Question is, do you think
I should aim it directly at the cages or try to diffuse it some by aiming
at a nearby wall?  If this happens again I may have to buy a window air
conditioner for the playroom and move them in there permanently.  (for
the summer anyway).  The house is not insulated or Air Conditioned.
Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shelley