From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 11:09:32 -0500
Well it's been interesting to say the least.  We recently added 5 new
family members and one looks almost exactly like Pumkin.  Pumkin and Rusty
rule so I hoped that Ares (Pumkin look a like) wouldn't squabble with them.
Day 1 and 2 were fine but on day 3 Ares, who is a picker, decided to try
Pumkin.  Wrong answer.  I watched closely as Pumkin accepted the challenged
and in a blur of pumkin colored fur they tumbled around the living room
till finally Ares realized he was outmatched and took off running at full
speed only to have Pumkin hot on his heels.  Since then Ares hasn't tackled
Pumkin again and he's not tried Rusty.  No harm done to either and Ares is
still doing his sneak up and shake routine to the unsuspecting.  We have
a lot of talks and he spends quite some time in time-out.  His companion,
Eros (yes, I named them both), is a lover and gets along with everyone.
Squeezle prefers to stay in his cage, with the door open.  He spends a lot
of time there.  Being an only ferret for the first year of his life then
before he came to me, for a short time he was in the same home as Ares
and Ares tackled him and made him very wary of other ferrets....

Spike and Gizmo are both about 7 and adjusting o.k.  Spike enjoys walking
around the house though Gizmo prefers to stay in her cage, with the door
open of course.  Spike was very sick and is still weak but shows a great
interest in life.  Gizmo is depressed.  Their family is moving to CA and
these two needed a special home because Spike is prone to bleeding ulcers.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity