From:
batzwing_2000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:42:39 -0800
I am so angry.  A ferret came into one of our clinics 3 days ago, her
owner had left her in a cage for 2 weeks with no food and water.  She was
emaciated and dehydrated, she could not move her back legs she had urine
burns on her...she only weighed 800 grams.  I guess some friends of this
JERK found her.  A beautiful sweet choc. sable with a bit of some spark
left in her eyes.  but it was not to be, once we got blood from her it
showed her liver enzymes off the scale and she was bruising, I was going
to take her home and give her round the clock care..but her bloodwork was
too bad.

I knew this little girl for 15 minutes and I still cried as if she was
one of my own...SANDEE, please embrace her and show her where all the best
treats are, and please make sure that Phoebe, JOey, Oliver, Humphrey COCO
and CHandler greet her and tell her to wait for me..I will be her mommy
when I see her again.

On an better note..the police were called for animal abuse.

June and the Kentucky zoo