From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 04:22:22 -0500
On the road, in a motel, and telneting over a cell phone! Very cool.

5:00 am.  Fell out of bed.  Dragged a sorry domesticated burro to the shower.

5:30 am.  Studied for a very dumb final.  Cursed a system that allowed my
stop day a week prior.

7:00 am.  Wrestled ferrets who were stealing finals notes.  Bear fell asleep
on my lap, strategically allowing the other ferts to plow papers to the
floor.  One paper on bone microstructure was "tagged" by an "anonymous
poster." I wrote a note by the stain; "The poop on osteohistology."

7:30 am.  Went to UMC for exam.  Able to identify pathological osteology
with ease, but didn't know where to put my name.  Saw a slide that looked
like a cross section of Jay Leno's nose.

9:30 am.  Went home for last ferret hungs.  Stella looked very sad as I
left.  Not that I was leaving, but because she only got a single raisin.

10:00 am.  On the road.  Stopped just outside of Columbia by the Fish and
Game.  Demanded my license, my ferrets, my money and my life.  Just kidding.

10:00 pm.  Off the road.  I am somewhere...dark.  I think its in Arkansas,
but can't understand the language.  People keep saying, "Yalcumbaknaw." Must
be a code.  Motel guy was arguing with his wife, saying "Stop or I will
divorce you, and you can go back to being my sister."

11:00 pm.  Set up the magic connections what allow me to get on the
internet, telnet to my showme account, and dump this verse, all for a single
measly long-distance cell phone rate.  Hung up to write first, and telnet
later.

11:00 pm.  Looked in the mirror and realized how dumb I was to take this
journey.  Went outside for a pepsi and saw a woman with really tall hair.
The bangs stood straight up about 5 inches.  She was with the world's
strangest looking man, with spider webs tatooed on his nose.  He winked at
me.  I realized aliens have landed and taken over the entire state of
Arkansas.

12:00 pm. Had dozed off, and awoke to see a single spider dangling about a
foot from my mouth. Kodo, I'm not in Missouri any more.

Bob C on the road sans ferts