From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 14:01:57 -0500
Where I use to live, I had a large cage (6ft high x 4ft wide) built and
attached it to a window so the ferrets could go "outside" whenever they
wanted.  They were free roam inside but for caged ferrets it would be
possible to attach a cage both inside and outside the window so they
could have the comforts of whichever they prefer at the time.

Before the large cage, we had built a smaller one around the outside of
the window.

Either way, the opening to the outside secure must be absolutely secure
so they don't get out and you need easy access to the outside cage for
cleaning and in case a little one needs help.

Currently I have an enclosure built onto the back of the house on the
patio, with the back door leading out to it and it a ferret door in the
back door and screen so they have access 24/7.  It's 15ft x 12ft x 6ft
high fully enclosed including the top.  I used screen and welded wire -
aluminum screen to keep out bugs out and welded wire to keep ferrets in.
Over the top and 2 sides I have shade material to keep the area from
direct sun.

The enclosure is equipped with a picnic bench for me and the ferrets and
plenty of ferret furniture too.

hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services