Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2011 15:44:42 -0400
DMK adopters and rescuers, it's been a few years. So I was wondering,
what are the adrenal rates you are seeing in ferrets that were whole
then spayed from the Ohio Rescue? I have two gurlz. One was for a fact,
only 6 months old when saved. The other, we have no idea but not older
than 1 1/2 (we think way younger actually ... she was in a bad way)
when she was rescued that eventful day. Not only are neither adrenal at
this time (which isn't say a lot, I've had abnormally good luck with
not much adrenal in my life time) ... but they are very unusually thick
furred and have awesome muscle tone. Just a younger physical appearance
looking at tone and fur and energy levels. I have no used implants for
prevention as I have in a few other private ferrets. I've not ever
seen adult ferrets have the body's and looks of a kit in this manner.
I can't stop touching them because of it. I've only had on other late
later in my life. He lived til 9 without a sign of adrenal (have no
idea of when he was altered ... and he wasn't a farm ferret).

I'm just curious, if the adrenal rates in these rescues are the same as
average pet store ferrets, better, worse, or is prevalent but with a
later onset.

Wolfy