From:
Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:04:38 -0400
Here is a question for any vets out there or any one who has experienced
something similar.  My ferret is losing hair around her shoulders.  The hair
right behind her scapula and on the back between.  She is a 5 year old
albino female.  I recently took her on a week trip in the Tennessee and
Indiana area without air conditioning in the car.  She also wore a harness
much more than normal.  That could be it.

I am just concerned because she has been treated for insulinoma for slightly
over a year now.  She is on 1mg of pred.  per day.  I know adrenal problems
cause hair loss that begins around the base of the tail, but I can't explain
the hair loss around the shoulders.  It is more like a thinning around the
shoulders.  I can see a lot more pink skin underneath.

Thanks

Shelley Straight
Virginia-Maryland Regional
College of Veterinary Medicine