Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:24:59 -0400
It doesn't rain but it pours, eh? :)

side, yes, but then again when one considers the conditions many animals
are raised and slaughtered in (eg battery chickens) its a far preferable
way to obtain meat.  This is actually one of the main reasons I'm keen on
rabbitting.  After having seen the conditions of many raising facilities
and slaughter houses, I stopped eating a lot of meat.  In contrast, the
quick death of a rabbit thats lived a free life makes me feel a lot less
contempt for myself..  (Sorry, this isn't meant to sound like I'm trying
to insult the person who said this, it's jus a bit of a sore spot :) )

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I don't recall seeing it
and these stuffed toys are absolutely gorgeous -

http://www.kathyskreations.com/stuffed%20animals%20exhibits/stuffed%20
animals%20domestic/stuffed%20animals%20ferrets/stuffed%20animals%20
ferrets%20-%20domestic%20-%20wild.htm
(sorry, the urls a bit long, but believe me its worth it :) )

Finally, I recently read in a book that weasels were definatly used in
Egypt, before cats, to control mice.  Now I'm not sure if weasels suffer
from the same heat problems that ferrets do, but it makes it seem somewhat
likely that they may also have used ferrets.

- Reet