From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 04:57:14 -0500
>My husband would like to get a Jack Russell Terrier Puppy, and I have 2
>spoiled Rotten Ferrets, and I am not sure if they're going to get along.
>Is there any ideas, or suggestions, please let me know.

Muna,
We have always had our ferrets separated from our JR.  We put them
together for sniffing and Champ's tail wags and he puts his ears back
(submissive) and he licks them.  He's gotten his nose bitten and licked.
We put them together while holding the ferrets just in case he ever is
with one (gets loose!) and he gets to it before we do.  Champ will go
after anything that runs from him, so we will never have them together.
We just won't take the chance.  He could take one by the neck and do the
JR shake and one of guys would pay the price.

They may get along at first, but the ferrets would never be safe.

Moe, Champ, and the 8