From:
Vk Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:25:04 -0400
I did not realize when I posted on the FML that I was going to have
to list every action, every page of text I read in research relating
to dangers and animal behavior, every person to whom I spoke for
information and advice, every law, every time I asked the ACO to visit
and inspect my facility, every document I had to have in order to
insure the protection, health and welfare of my ARBA rabbitry. Despite
all this, incidents and accidents still happen..Yes!!! I learned, took
correct and appropriate action, and had a tremendously successful
outcome that ensured everyone's continued safety.

were no deaths at the hands of other animals. That means no rabbits,
no dogs, no geese, no deaths, and for that matter, no injuries.

Enough of this. Since you - like me - have raised legitimate concerns
and questions of your own, and since I have addressed them to the
necessary extent, getting back to the facts FACTS surrounding
animal-on-animal interraction and how we control or don't control
potentially dangerous situations is where we need to be. My opinions
are my opinions, and you can agree or not, but FACTS are not debatable.

I perhaps was negligent in my own way not to have offered condolences
to Alex and her entire family, and I'm sure no one -because of this
storm- is going to accept them even though I offer them just the same.
This is her private choice, no one else's, and I personally hope she
continues to write. We all can identify through her stories with our
own kid's antics ...