From:
Jackie Hawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 22:45:39 -0400
In this small SE GA town, one of the two vets here will see ferrets for
routine things and has been very helpful when I need meds or a/d, vaccines,
etc....

Today while picking up medication for one of the kids who was having a
problem from adrenal surgery yesterday, I asked the vet for adhesive tape
for me.  He looked at the wound on my back and said "My God, you're raw
from the tape blistering you.  You have to have air and water!  He took the
bandage off, put Otomax on the raw skin, gave me some to take home and said
to wear a white t-shirt. :)  It feels 98% better already and that's after
the surgeon saying to keep a bandage on with an anitbiotic ointment then
another sugeon saying it should be bandaged & giving me oral antibiotics
for the infection that I insited should only be taken twice a day.  Shucks!
I was choosing the wrong kind of doctors!!

But seriously, two vets I use for the shelter are Dr. Richard Bink in
Savannah, GA, 912-234-4772 and Dr. John Rossi in Jacksonville, FL,
904-388-3494.