From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:54:50 -0500
We're still DESPERATELY searching for our little girl...if anyone has any
info, please contact me...Sorry for the re-post, but I know that I forgot
to send notice to some of these groups the other day.  We REALLY want our
baby back!

This is the ad I've been posting on my groups & internet newspapers, etc.:

"REWARD!
Small, year-old female sable ferret lost 3/30/06 in the early AM, near
25th & Avenue Q in Galveston.  Friendly but shy.  Has shots, doesn't
bite.  Her name is "Pixie", and she has special needs so must be located
immediately.  PLEASE email or call Eri at 409-459-2916."

To date, we have done the following to find her:

1. Searched the neighborhood in several blocks in every direction (kind
   of tough -- we live in sort of a slum, and there are LOTS of ferrety
   places to hide)

2. Used various toys -- a squeaky toy, a large crackling bag, a clicker,
   etc. -- to call her & have called her name
3. Put a carrier with bedding, food, & water outside
4. Notified neighbors
5. Posted fliers all over the neighborhood, including the local
   supermarket
6. Contacted all local vets & petstore & posted fliers at all of them
7. Filed a "lost" report & posted a flier at the humane society (there
   are no local rescues or shelters here on the island)
8. Posted to all my ferret groups
9. Posted to online newspapers
10. Put an ad in the local paper
11. Talked to as many people as we can (including kids), shown a picture
    of her, and given out my number
12. Used her older brother, Indy, to try to track her (didn't work at
    all...he was more interested in being outside, since they're both
    inside ferts)
13. Posted letters to the Texas Rifle Assn & several other organizations
    to see if anyone knows where we can rent or borrow a tracking dog
14. Posted to the local Freecycle groups (those that would allow it)
    about obtaining the services of such a dog

I am getting ready to:
1. Contact the local sheriff's dept & police dept about locating a dog
   for tracking
2. Call the Post Office to see if we can legally put fliers in people's
   mailboxes (my husband says we can't)
3. Call the vets in town to see if they know of anyone who has a tracking
   dog
4. Place used ferret litter in various locations outside to see if we can
   lure her back

I am disabled & agoraphobic/xenophobic (I'm VERY uncomfortable leaving
home & meeting strangers), so this is very, very difficult for me as it
is.  I also walk with a cane & have difficulty holding things (I am
really awkward), but I've been doing my darndest.  My best asset is that
I've been thinking fairly clearly & coming up with different ideas to
find her...and I've gotten a few good ones from well-wishers (thank you
SO much to those of you who have responded to my plea for help!)

If anyone has any other ideas not listed above, PLEASE contact me!

~Eri
409-457-2916
--
@@@[log in to unmask]@@@ - An old-fashioned crochet
group!

For Ferret Lovers in Texas & its Neighbors!