From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 03:58:00 EDT
The statement in our black-footed ferret history regarding the wolverine
should read that it is the largest living terrestrial mustelid.  Considering
all mustelids (marine, aquatic and otherwise), the sea otter is the largest
(heaviest), reaching weights up to about 100 lbs.  The Giant otter (a
species of river otter found in S. America) is generally listed as reaching
weights up to about 75 lbs.  The wolverine stands alone as the largest
terrestrial mustelid, reaching weights up to about 60 lbs.  It is often
described as being built like a miniature bear.

Our apologies to anyone who we may have confused, and our thanks to Jim
March for pointing out this omission on our part.  We will qualify the
statement in order to avoid confusing our readers.

Andy Abate