From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:44:08 EDT
I noticed yesterday that my ferret seemed bored or depressed.  Around noon
he came half out of his hammy, laid his head on his shelf of his cage, and
did a huge sigh.  I let him out more than usual yesterday because he looked
so bummed and I couldn't figure out why.  Usually he plays in the morning
and at night but sleeps all day long.  Yesterday he must have had
insomnia.It didn't seem like he slept good.  But last night I FINALLY
figured out what he wanted!  He wanted me to open the door to the living
room so he could go in there and sniff the rabbit cage, see them and the
kitty run around, run up and down the stairs, etc.  After he got to do that
he was EXTREMELY happy and back to his usual self. :-)  I don't think my
rabbits appreciated having him in there but he can't get to them so that's
not a problem.  He can however climb their cage and I was sooo worried
because it's a high one.  But last night his favorite thing seemed to be
war dancing up and down the stairs while !  hissing at me for following
him.

:-) At least now I know he's not sick!  He was worrying me yesterday until
the living room episode.  :-)

I gave him the rest of his cheweasel yesterday.  I put it in his hammy with
him because that's where he happened to be.  I don't think he ate any more
of it but he took it and put it into his food dish.  Which is where I
originally gave it to him the first time I tried it.  This morning it STILL
sits in that dish so I take it he doesn't want it anymore.  Did I ruin it
by letting him only have part of it in one sitting to see if it agreed with
his tummy?  Is it now considered stale since all the points are gone???
He's eating his food around the cheweasel but not touching that cheweasel.
He doesn't seem to like them.  Is that normal???  I thought all ferrets
loved them and gobbled them up...is mine odd or do some ferrets just not
like cheweasels???  Or is it because it's a flavored one?  I thought I'd
get him the flavored ones and it's cheddar flavored.  Could it be that he
doesn't care much for that particular flavor?

Faith