Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:28:41 EDT
as it celebrates Diana's 5th birthday..while that may not sound special,
the reason that it is going to be a celebration is because of why.  Diana
was diagnosed with Lymphoma last December (biopsy of a malignant node) -
she's been on prednisolone and chemotherapy treatments since then.  Very
few ferrets with lymphoma respond to chemotherapy - she must be one of
them!  While it has been an expensive venture, the joy that I have
because Diana is still here has made the cost a non-issue.  To date, I
have spent more than $800 since last December on her chemo treatments -
we are down to one every 3 weeks!

Her only side effect has been the complete loss of her whiskers and the
hair has not regrown at the surgical site.  Last night, she was playing
and sitting up for treats just like she used to do before the treatments.

Shes my little black sable girl...and we will be sharing the celebration
with her brother, Buster... Diana, I'm so glad that you decided to hang
around with us a little longer :)

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
www.ferrethaven.org