From:
silver e <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 13:39:59 -0400
To the young lady who has the new ferret.

Please don't hang toys in your ferrets cage, unless you are going to be
there to carefully supervise the play.  I have heard of ferrets getting
tangled in the string and literally hanging themselves.  You must be there
to watch her very closely for this kind of activity.  I'm sure she would
enjoy this kind of play though.

All 8 Of mine have an absolute riot plying with a toy that I have attached
to an elastic.  The toy is ferret friendly, with no small removable pieces
and is tied to a 1/4 inch wide elastic ( the kind you use for sewing ).  I
hang it from the doorway so it has free room to swing.  You should see the
look on their little faces, when they drag the toy to their favorite hidey
hole for safe keeping, only to have it have it develop a mind of it's own
and bounce right back to were it was found in the first place.  It is
hilarious to watch them, but you have to watch not to stand in the line of
fire.  I never never never allow this play unless I am able to be right
there and supervise.  Better to be safe, than sorry.

Sally St. Germain and the 8 "Little Saints.'