From:
Jacob Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:03:56 -0400
Sukie:

I think you kind of have the general idea, but it's not so much a tool to
be used for the government.  It's a tool to try to keep the government
from being needed.

For once reason only.  The first time someone gets gone after by the
government from this DB, not just them, but a LOT of people will cry
foul.  They will feel that we (using 'we' as the maintainers and
contributors of the DB) illegally used information we obtained.

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on the net either, but I think
the way to do this is to create the DB under an organization, obviously
non-profit, and have those that wish to participate (i.e. EVERYONE!!! :P)
partner with the organization.

It could be used for several things really, first and most importantly
though:

Use it not only for ferrets, but for *any* animal.

The mistreatment goes far beyond our furry friends, and though our
wonderful fuzzies may be a good place to start, it could help every
species of animal.

I have developed a little sample of the idea, in basic form.
http://www.dwsc.net/st/

The site may go down for a bit, seeing technical issues on how it is run
and all... but it *shourld* be available. :)

*Hint* Try the (i.e.) examples on the search page.

Anyway, if I spark anyone's interest, lemme know...

To all the ferts who have been before, for all those still yet to come,
and because of the ones with us today.  That's why we do what we do, eh?

Jacob, Chance, Stinky and Shadow (meow!)