From:
KezFizzygig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:35:07 -0500
I wrote to eBay and told them how terrible I thought it was that they would
allow someone to sell that ferret which had been taxidermy ( I know I am
using that word incorrectly, but I think of stuffed as a toy and this is
NOT a toy at all) and here is there reply to me.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to alert us to this listing.

We appreciate your concern regarding this listing.  It is very important
to us that eBay remain a safe and fun place to trade, and your help with
this effort is priceless.

However, sometime members will post items or services on eBay that could
be considered morally wrong or objectionable.  Even though these auctions
are not liked by many, please remember that often the law does not prohibit
the items.

Due to the fact that eBay's focus is to have a free and diverse community,
we are reluctant to interfere with auctions that are not illegal.  Please
keep in mind that many of us at eBay may also share your distaste with an
item, and may not support the sale.  However, we do our best to understand
and tolerate the many viewpoints held by our worldwide community.  As a
result of this, eBay will not edit the contents of a member's listing if
the item is legal to sell, and it is not prohibited due to internal listing
rules.

Nevertheless, there is an option you may want to consider.  If the
community feels that a listed item or service is not consistent with
community morals, they may want to think about communicating their opinions
to the seller.  Sometimes many individuals may not be aware that the item
or service they are listing might be offensive.  They may welcome your
email letting them know how you feel.

We appreciate your continued help in keeping eBay a safe and fair place
to trade!

Regards,

Eddy
eBay Community Watch